- French Edition ISSN: 0032-4663; E-ISSN: 1957-7966
- English Edition ISSN: 1634-2941; E-ISSN: 1958-9190
The journal publishes four issues per year in English and French. Issues may be composed of articles on a common theme.
Selected as a pilot journal, from 2022 Population is part of a ‘Subscribe to Open’ programme developed by Cairn in partnership with a consortium of French university libraries (COUPERIN), the Bibliographic Agency for Higher Education (Agence Bibliographique de l’Enseignement Supérieur [ABES]), and the Ministry of Higher Education and Research (MESR). This support enables Population to publish its content without submission or processing fees for the authors or their institutions (Diamond model). Publication conditions comply with the guidelines of cOAlition S and the French national open science plan.
As of June 2022, all content is published under the Creative Commons licence Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (4.0 International – CC BY-NC-ND 4.0).
This licence allows users to copy and distribute content in any medium or format, in unmodified form only, for non-commercial purposes, provided the author is credited.
Population is published in both printed and online formats. The English and French editions are published simultaneously in both formats.
Printed issues are available on subscription. They can also be purchased individually.
Online versions are published in HTML and PDF formats on both French and international publishing platforms.
Digital Publishing Platforms
Population is published on several major platforms, which ensures that the journal has an international readership.
Full-text articles are available from:
- Cairn International Edition and Cairn.info
- Persée: issues from 1946 to 2005, free to download
- JSTOR: on subscription (English and French editions)
- Project MUSE: on subscription (English edition)
- Deepdyve: on subscription (English edition)
- EBSCO: on subscription (English and French editions)
Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
A DOI is assigned to each published article.
For indexing reasons, a single DOI is assigned to both the English and French versions of an article.
Supplementary or other related materials are deposited in a data repository and are assigned their own DOI.
Open Archive Publishing
Published version: upon the journal’s publication of the contribution, under the Creative Commons licence Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (4.0 International – CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) and according to the journal’s open-access publishing policy.
→ Sherpa Romeo (forthcoming)
Indexation in International Bibliographic Databases
Population is indexed in the following:
- Banque de données Santé publique (BDSP) updated up to 2019
- EBSCO (social science abstract ; social science full text)
- Google Scholar
- RePEc (Research Papers in Economics)
- Web of Science (Core Collection, Social Sciences Citation Index, Current Contents Social and Behavioral Sciences, Essential Science Indicators)